The City of Columbia Water and Light department came out this morning and installed the new solar meter.  We were surprised because they have up to thirty days from the inspection and they are not known for being quick.  We were definitely not complaining though and were thrilled that we were one step closer to functional.  Then, the inspection happened this afternoon.  When all was complete, the City of Columbia inspector flipped the switch and the solar panels are functional!  In total today, we used 11 kilowatt hours.  Since the solar panels were turned on at 2 pm, we produced 5 kilowatt hours.  Considering those 5 kilowatt hours were in a 4-1/2 hour period, I think had the panels been on this morning, we most likely would have produced as much as we made.  I love it!