The 28-day Cycling Challenge is complete with 411 miles and just over 30 hours on the bike. I discovered some things this past month along this little journey…
- I gained 10 pounds in the first 20 days and that was initially frustrating, but I could actually see the muscles in my legs. This last seven days, I lost 4 pounds.
- I dropped 3% of my body fat in 28 days. Yesterday, I wore a pair of pants that I have not been able to wear in five years. FIVE.
- I NEED REST DAYS. One day a week, my legs hated me and I mean hated. Note to self – one day a week off is okay.
- Riding a trainer is not fun, but thank you to CSI for giving me something to watch. I must have said in my head repeatedly, “Ride to the end of the episode.” Most of the time I did just that and then rode through another episode.
- My cycling goal for this year is 2,000 miles on the bike. I am already 469 miles towards that goal. I will make that goal. It is just a matter of time.
- This past month has been amazing and I truly enjoyed all that time on the bike. There is something about “round and round and round you go” to put a smile on your face.
To Andy – thank you for dropping the challenge and riding with me today to finish up. I will never be able to keep up with you, but I love that you always will slow down for me. I will be taking a couple days off to give my legs and knee a rest, but “wheels up” on Saturday!