A conversation with Laura this morning went like this:
- Laura: Mommy, is it Gymnastics Day at daycare today?
- Me: Yes, Laura it is.
- Laura: Yay! (She said this while jumping up and down).
- Laura: Mommy, I have a headache.
- Me: I’ll give you some medicine.
- Laura: OK. Mommy, I’m going potty now.
- Me: You do that Laura.
- Laura: Mommy, Jessie (her Toy Story doll) fell off my bed this morning, but I rescued her.
Now, notice that none of those 4 things she told me about have anything to do with anything else. She must be my daughter, because I do that all the time!